Rich Text

Saturday, February 29, 2020


JOIN WAFB CHANNEL NINE at the 2020 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Baton Rouge!

WAFB Text

WAFB Channel Nine invites you to join us at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Baton Rouge. WAFB and the Susan G. Komen Affiliate of Baton Rouge have been long-time partners in raising awareness for breast cancer treatments and support in our community.

WAFB's very own Lauren Westbrook, Matt Williams and Jay Grymes will emcee the events this year and will lead the #TeamWAFB. We'll have a live performance by The Michael Foster Project. Please join us Saturday, February 29th at A.Z. Young Park, Downtown Baton Rouge to help raise awareness for this disease affecting 1 in 8 women each year.

Rich Text

for the Baton Rouge Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 

The Louisiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen is dedicated to fighting breast cancer at every front. Up to 75 percent of the Affiliate's net income goes toward funding grants in our local service area that provide breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women. The remaining net income (a minimum of 25 percent) supports the national Komen Research Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards and educational and scientific programs around the world. The Komen Race for the Cure is a unique event, designed and implemented to promote positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer.

The Louisiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure services 56 of the 64 parishes in the state. 

Image

Rich Text

Saturday, February 29, 2020


6:00 a.m. - Race-Day Registration and Packet Pick-Up
7:00 a.m. - Survivors Breakfast
8:00 a.m. - Survivors Celebration
9:00 a.m. Runners/Walkers Line up (4th Street)

Image

Rich Text

A.Z. Young Park, Downtown Baton Rouge
800 North Third St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802

Rich Text

Look for the WAFB Photobooth at the Race! #WAFBandMe 

Rich Text

 

The Louisiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen is dedicated to fighting breast cancer at every front. Up to 75 percent of the Affiliate's net income goes toward funding grants in our local service area that provide breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women. The remaining net income (a minimum of 25 percent) supports the national Komen Research Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards and educational and scientific programs around the world. The Komen Race for the Cure is a unique event, designed and implemented to promote positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer.

The Louisiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure services 56 of the 64 parishes in the state. 

Share