One-fourth of Louisiana’s population is children. That means more than one million children in our state rely on us to create a healthier future for them. For decades, Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital has provided excellent pediatric healthcare by serving Louisiana’s children—but we’re not done yet.
Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital believe's a freestanding children’s hospital and a statewide network of pediatric clinical excellence will transform our state. But we can’t do it without Louisiana advocates like you standing with us.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- 66-acre campus adjacent to I-10 in Baton Rouge between Essen Lane and Bluebonnet Blvd.
- Six floors, one of which is shelled for future needs and expansion
- 80 beds at opening, with potential for expansion to 130
- More than 350,000 square feet of patient care space
- Double the amount of current surgical space and intensive care beds
- Expanded state-of-the-art emergency department, including trauma and pediatric transport
- Larger, family-centered private rooms
- One full floor dedicated to St. Jude Affiliate Clinic and inpatient hematology/oncology services including infusion (chemotherapy)
- Playrooms per floor
- Landscaped outdoor garden and plaza for respite, healing and reflection
- Family Resource Center with education and support information about disease or injury
- Dining room, food court with indoor and outdoor seating
- Pediatric pharmacy and traditional retail pharmacy
- Attached 95,000 square foot medical office building
- State of the art design for patient safety and clinical quality
- Integrated electronic medical record